The approach to address the client’s challenge included:
- Identifying ‘zero scan’ days using retailer POS data streams at Store-SKU-Day level
- Pool alerts from SKU-level analysis to create store level alerts for operational teams to take corrective measures
- Configuring the appropriate business rules for ‘Zero Scan Alerts’ based on analytics on ‘Probability of OSA’ for each day of zero-scan at SKU-Store-Day level
- Develop insights based on sales velocity, demand cyclicity, planogram errors, competitive presence, operational efficiency, store visit frequency to trigger alerts
The solution included governance dashboard to monitor recommendation adherence in real time and to measure the impact of corrective measures taken
- Dashboard presented an executive level view of out-of-stock level, phantom inventory, inventory turnover, replenishment rates etc
- Store and SKU score card to derive insights based on time, OSA, OOS etc.